Please join us for the annual meeting of the Massachusetts Newspaper Publishers Association on Thursday, Dec. 5, 2013, at the Hyatt Boston Harbor in Boston. Our annual meeting and luncheon is you’re preeminent opportunity to meet with newspaper publishers, editors, reporters and business staff from throughout Massachusetts.
The day’s full agenda is as follows:
- 10 a.m. Annual business meeting and election of officers and executive board.
- 11 a.m. Panel discussion: The Massachusetts Independent Contractor Law and its Impact on Newspapers.
- Noon. Networking reception.
- 12:30 p.m. Luncheon and keynote (speaker to be announced).
The panel discussion of the independent contractor law will look at the impact of the law on newspapers. The panel will feature three speakers:
- Sen. Michael J. Rodrigues (D-Westport), sponsor of a bill to correct the wording of the law.
- Mark W. Batten, a partner in the Boston office of Proskauer who represents newspapers and other businesses in labor and employment matters.
- Aaron Julien, MNPA president and president of Newspapers of New England, who will talk about measures his company has taken as a result of the law.
The meeting is open to anyone who would like to attend. Registration, which includes lunch, is $85 for MNPA member newspapers and their employees, $95 for all others.
The registration form may be downloaded by clicking here .
If you have any questions about the event, please address them to MNPA Executive Director Robert Ambrogi, (978) 546-3400, or email@example.com. Registration deadline is Friday, November 29.
Registrations should be sent to: MNPA Annual Meeting, c/o New England Newspaper & Press Association, 370 Common Street, Suite 319, Dedham, MA 02026, or by fax to: (781) 320-8055.